What ARE Super Skivvies Cloth Training Pants?
- Super Skivvies cloth training pants are convertible training underwear that aid in potty training and bed wetting.
- Super Skivvies feature a removable insert which allows them to convert to regular underwear after potty training is complete. This saves you money! Not to mention they can be used with multiple children which saves you even more!
- Super Skivvies unique design and choice of materials allows a child to feel the wetness from their accident (which is of greatest importance) but keeps clothes, floors, and furniture dry.
- Super Skivvies are made with sustainable materials which reduces waste in our landfills helping to save our environment and create a sustainable future.
- Super Skivvies contain no chemicals! Disposable training pants (like Pull-Ups and Goodnights) contain toxic chemicals to absorb liquid that can harm your child and lengthen the time it takes to potty train.
- Super Skivvies are not waterproof because PUL (Polyurethane Laminate - a man-made petroleum based plastic) that is used for waterproofing is not eco-friendly or biodegradable and damages our precious home, Earth.
Why Use cloth training pants?
_1. Disposable “Pull-Ups” and diapers wick moisture completely away from the skin making it impossible for your child to make the connection that they have just gone to the bathroom. You may have heard horror stories of it taking months or even years for a friend of a friend’s child to potty train. THIS is why. The rayon (from bamboo)/organic cotton velour liner in Super Skivvies does wick some moisture away from delicate skin, but not so much that your child is unaware of the wetness, all the while, still keeping puddles off of your floor.
2. Disposable “Pull-Ups” and diapers are LOADED with nasty chemicals. When your child’s skin is wet, even for just a moment, these chemicals have a prime opportunity to leech into their system causing unknown symptoms and damage, rashes, and other skin issues. Super Skivvies uses SAFE fabrics containing NO chemicals.
3. One disposable “Pull-Up” or diaper takes over 100 years to break down in the landfill. Not only can Super Skivvies be used with multiple children, but they are also made with sustainable materials that can break down in at least half the time, if not a quarter of the time it takes a disposable. If that isn’t eco-friendly, I don’t know what is!
4. Cost. The average time it takes a child to learn to use the potty is seven months. It usually is much less when using a cloth trainer, but let’s just assume it takes the same amount of time. The average number of changes needed in a day is five. Of course, changes are less frequent as they get the hang of things, but this is the average in the beginning. The average cost of a disposable trainer is $1. In addition, you will need to buy underwear once your child does get the hang of the potty. That will run about $25. Over seven months, you will have spent at least $1,075. If you were to wash your Super Skivvies every third day, you would need about 13 pair. No need to buy underwear after your child has conquered the potty since Super Skivvies convert to underwear after training is over. This will cost $286, + shipping. That is a savings of AT LEAST $789 with just the first child! You can still pass these down to subsequent children, family, or friends! WOW!
How do you ship?
Shipping within the US:
We ship via USPS First Class with the option of Priority shipping via USPS upon request. Delivery confirmation is included with each order. We usually ship within 48 hours of purchase (custom orders excluded), and will notify the buyer if this is not possible. Insurance is extra and by request only.
We ship via USPS First Class International. Priority shipping via USPS is available upon request.
Insurance is strongly recommended as we cannot be responsible for lost or stolen mail.
Can I return or exchange my super skivvies?
_Returns are accepted for unwashed/unused faulty items (as long as the faults were not mentioned in the listing). Exchanges are accepted if you were sent the wrong size, type, or color of items (we are human, humans make mistakes!). Customer MUST contact us within five business days if a return or exchange is requested. Returns and exchanges are NOT accepted if the item was used or washed, or if the item was ruined due to incorrect use or washings.
Where are you located?
_We are located in Seattle, Washington in the United States.
What Size should I get?
_Measurements of Super Skivvies cloth training pants are UNSTRETCHED. Super Skivvies have A LOT of very soft stretch in the waist and thigh. No digging or cutting in on your little one!
Extra Small (1T-2T) :: Approximately 20-26 lbs
Rise 15″ :: Waist 15.5″ :: Thigh 10″
Small (2T-3T) :: Approximately 25-35 lbs
Rise 16.5″ :: Waist 16.5″ :: Thigh 11.5″
Medium (3T-4T) :: Approximately 33-40 lbs
Rise 18″ :: Waist 17.5″ :: Thigh 12.5″
Large (4T-5T) :: Approximately 38-50 lbs
Rise 19″ :: Waist 18.5″ :: Thigh 13.5″